What are eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions are synthetic silk strands of hair individually attached to your natural eyelash using a special bonding agent. The extensions are applied approximately 1mm away from your skin and never comes in contact with it.
Customized to each individual eye shape. The set chosen during the consultation depends on how many natural eyelashes you have. You then have the option to upgrade for a fuller set depending on your desired look.
Together we discuss your expectations and determine the type of lashes that are suited best for you and your lifestyle. The lashes are already curved and they come in different lengths, thicknesses and colors. The procedure is very relaxing; never rushed. We work every set of lashes to perfect. The result is truly amazing and we promise you will love your new lashes!
This procedure is no more damaging than applying mascara.
Each procedure can take anywhere from 45 minutes for a touch-up to a little more than an hour for a new set (note: larger sets may require additional time)
The synthetic lashes are applied to your natural eyelashes, lash by lash with an odorless adhesive 1mm from the root of each lash. Neither the glue nor the synthetic lash will ever come in contact with your skin.
On average based on after-care, lash extensions have the potential lifespan of 6-8 weeks. (Disclaimer: Results may vary)
We recommend coming in for a touch-up every two weeks to maintain fullness. A lot of our clients come in weekly, much like getting a manicure.
Remember, your natural lashes experience a life-cycle and replenish every day. We carry non-prescription products to enhance and keep your natural lashes healthy.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Although this procedure is no more damaging to applying mascara, we urge you check with your doctor first for allergies, especially if you have a history of eye disease.
- Remove all eye make up and clean your lashes with a mild, oil-free cleanser.
- Do NOT use oil-based make up removers.
- Do NOT put on mascara. Removal takes a lot of time.
- Do NOT curl your lashes.
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to procedure.
- We suggest bringing a personal music player.
This is a relaxing, sleep inducing beauty treatment. Talking should be kept to a minimum as this procedure requires optimum precision.
Relaxed facial muscles ensure maximum results at minimal time.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
- No use of mascara – If you use mascara it must be water soluble
- No use of oil based products around the eye area
- No water or oil to come in contact with the eye area within 24 hours of the eyelash extension procedure
- No sauna or hot tub for 48 hours after the eyelash extension procedure No use of eyelash curlers
- No tinting or perming of the natural lashes while wearing eyelash extensions
- No continuous tugging, rubbing or pulling on the eyelash extensions
- Use caution when blow-drying hair (extensive heat on lashes could distort the shape of the extensions)
- It is normal for the client to experience the loss of a few lashes during the first 24hrs after the application.
- Be gentle with the lash extensions, avoid tugging and getting them caught on clothes and towels
- Never pull off the eyelash extensions as this will pull out your natural eyelashes
- Gently comb through the lashes each morning to maintain a good appearance
- Schedule your appointment within 1 weeks of your initial eyelash extension procedure for infill If an allergic reaction is suspected such as swelling, redness or puffiness, in the first case contact your therapist. In severe cases seek medical advice